Sunday, October 24, 2021

Medina Mosaic Crochet from The Guy with A Hook


 
I can't believe it has been over 3 years since I found this pattern and decided I had to make it.  Here is my original post with lots of photos of Marrakech.  So many beautiful colors to please the eyes and the pattern uses a lot of them in the five different tiles.

Medina Mosaic Crochet Post

I made one of each color scheme while I was taking a break from another big CAL This one is a lot of squares and ordering the yarn was a chore as I had to keep track of varying quantities of so many colors.  The changing colors is what makes this pattern pop.  And it isn't all that difficult once you get the pattern down.  Maybe different shades of some colors could be used but I won't bother with different ones.  I might try changing the order to see if I like dark to light instead of light to dark.

Using Scheepjes Catona mercerized cotton (fingering) yarn with a 3.25mm hook,



Casbah (8 tiles)

A –  110 Jet Black

B – 404 English Tea

C – 179 Topaz

D – 383 Ginger gold

E – 157 Root Beer


Tunis (8 Tiles)

A –  110 Jet Black

B – 253 Tropic

C – 514 Jade

D – 391  Deep Ocean Green

E – 525 Fir/substituted 244 Spruce


Majorelle Tile Colors (12 Tiles)

A –  110 Jet Black

B – 146  Vivid Blue

C – 400 Petrol Blue

D – 201 Electric Blue

E – 124 Ultramarine


Medina (4 Tiles)

A –  110 Jet Black

B – 101 Candlelight

C – 522 Primrose

D – 208 Yellow Gold

E – 249 Saffron


Souk (4 Tiles)

A –  110 Jet Black

B – 403 Lemonade

C – 411 Sweet Orange

D – 281 Tangerine

E – 388 Rust



No comments: