Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Crochet, Anyone? - #5 - Medina Mosaic - Morocco - Marrakech - Jardin Majorelles

I keep getting sidetracked by beautiful work that other designers have done.   As I had just returned from Marrakech in May 2018 (did a full tour of Morocco in April 2016), I noted the colorful tiles of the Medina Mosaic when I saw it posted on facebook.   I had to go check it out.

Medina Mosaic Majorelle Tile

I was particularly struck by the blues of the Majorelle tile as that is one of the places I love in Marrakech. . .   Jardin Majorelle . . . I have visited twice now.









I seem to keep going to the photos with all the blue in them but there are lots of lovely lush plants and even a few cats.   This is one of my favorite cat photos.  As you can tell, there are many different colors used in Morocco.  Red has always been one of my favorites for textiles/rugs/pillows.  That is such a cute cat, too.

There are many other colorful ceramic tiles that I saw when touring some of the different sites around Marrakech.  All these colors can be an inspiration for different textile designs.





I spent a lot of time pointing my camera at ceilings and floors looking at the ceramic tiles.

You can find great color inspirations in the souk too.






Then amidst all the treasures displayed in the souk, we found this fabulous shop stuffed full of such great items.  I bought myself some hamsas, but I wish I could buy everything to decorate my home in Dallas. 







No comments: