Saturday, April 02, 2022

Cheesy Bread Baking

 Since I have returned home from my trip, I've been baking and cooking new recipes. The bread recipes I made were from King Arthur's website.  The recipes were quite different but similar in that they both used cheese and a tomato element. 

Pane Bianco recipe is made with Italian cheese blend (I grated hard parmagiano reggiano and pecorino), sun dried tomatoes in oil, lots of garlic and fresh basil.  I added some mushrooms and black olives.





The other recipe is Pizza Party Buns with mozzarella, pepperoni and pizza sauce.   I added some pizza dough seasoning to the dough and some pizza herbs/spice mix to the filling. These are made similar to the ones above with the ingredients rolled up.  But this recipe is cut in rolls while the other is split down the length and made into a figure 8 shape.


While both of these recipes turned out nicely and taste fine, I probably won't make them again.  I already have a cheesy bread recipe that I like to make with a mixture of cheddar and jack cheese.  Honestly, I think I prefer the parmesan cheese in biscuits and basil in Thai noodles.

Now I want a real pizza.  Saturday pizza  . . .  time to knead some dough!

No comments: