Friday, April 01, 2022

Cairo: Starting the 2nd Half of my February 2022 Trip to Egypt

 Sunday, February 20, 2022

Back to the Grand Hotel again in Downtown Cairo . . .  Wust al Balad.  I seem to have photos of these streets from different sojourns here,  The first time was in February 2005.  Now that was a story in a different chapter in my life.  I have made a lot of memories here.  I have walked around in the area a few times . . .I have been lost in the area a few times too.  It has changed over the years of course. Egypt has changed overall . . .  for better, for worse . . . through the Revolution in 2011 and big changes after.  Egypt looks like a construction zone all over.  There has been an expansion on the metro in Cairo going on for years that has made a lot of progress.  The area around the Grand Hotel was really bad for awhile but better on this trip.  Progress?  Yes.


.

February 18, 2024
Looks like I need to finish this . . . at least add some photos

No comments: