Monday, February 19, 2024

Mona el Said In Memoriam

Mona passed recently (February 2024).  She was one of my favorite Egyptian dancers.   I was thrilled to meet her in person and take workshops with her.   I first did so at the festival in Cairo, Ahlan wa Salan (AWS) in June 2004.  I have some really old blog posts from my 2nd trip to Egypt when I first started to blog.  

I started a website sometime after that so some items went to both places.  

I had photos posted on my website (long gone now) from an event in September 2004 and a review I wrote was published somewhere.   This was before facebook swallowed everything.   I actually dug out both but seem to be missing some photos from a later event.  Whether the photos were on an old mobile or an old camera . . . I had some memory cards that are somewhere but not sure how much is accessible anymore.

Meanwhile, I am posting some photos from Mona's Saturday night performance in September 2004. , , .

I found links to the review I had posted on Gilded Serpent.   I actually have a page here on my blog that has the links of my reviews from Gilded Serpent.posted,. . .  lightbulb moment, :-) . . . i haven't messed with my blog in awhile obviously.

First part of review:   Part 1 Mona el Said Review: 

Second part of the review:  Part 2 The Saturday Night Show









No comments: