Thursday, July 29, 2004


More of Dina's singers!! I really loved this show at the Semiramis. When we first walked in there was a group of more modern singers (two guys, two girls . . . flash dressers) . . . doing mostly pop music, but there was an Ahmed Adaweyya medley (hey, I know enough to recognize that . . . how scary is that!). Then, they cleared off and the stage was setup for Dina. She had her singers while she danced . . . I loved all the music. It is so great to hear live music while in Cairo. I have to go back often just so I can hear good music . . but I better remember to bring my earplugs because it is always played at deafening levels. Finally, the show was topped off by the male singer, whose picture is included below (the one with the shoes of which I posted a zoomed picture). His name is spelled something like Kariaka (?? I kept hearing something like Karioke but I thought the poster was more like the first spelling). Posted by Hello

No comments: