Sunday, August 01, 2004


Last item from my trip to Cairo . . . until the next time that is . . . this is the analysis of my name in hieroglyphics that I had done while at the Cairo Tower (pix from that day of wandering in Cairo are earlier in this blog). I'm thinking about February 2005 for my next trip to Cairo (need to go to Luxor, Aswan, more Cairo), but I have a couple of job interviews coming up so that might change my life for awhile . . . but then again, the predictions of huge layoffs for my company (that nameless big international corporation that provides computer/consulting/offshoring/BPO support), in the United States, is bound to impact me by leaving me unemployed sooner or later. Yes, my area of expertise is targeted for offshoring to India. In fact, a friend of mine recently moved home to India and she said they are hiring PeopleSoft consultants there. She jokingly said that she'd hire me if I moved to India!! Well, I'm not certain she actually could, but I told her I'd love to visit . . . and I'd be happy to work remotely from the U.S.!! Why do we have all these high speed connections if not for leveraging our resources globally?? OK, way too much corporate-speak for one day. Off to other topics! Posted by Hello

No comments: