Tuesday, November 23, 2021

AMMA Cal Black and White Viking Version - Pandemic Project #5?

I keep finding more mosaic crochet projects to create.  This is another one from Tinna Thorudottir Thorvaldar ( Tinnacrochet.com ).   I bought the kit for the Viking Granny two-color version from her with the Icelandic wool, Lopi Lettlopi.  Shipping from Iceland was not cheap but the kit includes a written version of the pattern with charts.  

There are videos available on YouTube for assistance.  https://www.youtube.com/c/TinnaThorudottirThorvaldar    

I have a part time assistant like many others . . . Bart makes a good model/prop for photos.


I started very ambitiously . . .  planned to make 2 squares a week.  That went well for 1 week.  

The LOLA square.



I decided to make the tiny versions in the opposite order of the colors for a pillow.







The SAGA square.


The first two tiny squares!









Then I went off on a tangent as I decided to buy some other colors to make tiny squares . . .  I got frustrated with the magic circle.  Imagine that.  I think I might need to buy more of that white/cream.  Thankfully I found a source in California that is importing this wool.


I got back to it and slowly worked up the last 3 of the designs.  

Up to 4 squares here with 2 of the first one made (SAGA).


The Maria Square
The Dora (or is that Pora?) Square

 





                                                


                        The Tinna Square


I now have 6 squares completed with 6 more to go for the small, 3 x 4 squares  But maybe I can slowly do enough squares for a medium, 4 x 5 squares, and make pillows from the tiny squares in multiple colors.



No comments: