Sunday, November 28, 2021

Pandemic Crochet Project #3 - Montana Wrap - Backing up a bit

 I put this project down for maybe 10 months ago . . .  or could it be a year??  Oh, my!! 

I got a wee bit frustrated when I started to struggle due to my counts being off and my efforts to correct as I went along weren't working.  So into the project bin it went where it was pushed to the bottom. 

I have other WIP projects too and maybe I should keep more going as I get bored easily with the same pattern.  Love the final results but sometimes it isn't enough to drive me to finish.  Squares can be difficult with the same thing over and over even with the different colors.  My current one is black and white squares, lol.  It will be beautiful when I finish.  That is my previous post.

I pulled out Montana on Friday and started counting stitches at the beginning of the last row.  I put in some stitch markers every 12 stitches . . I just picked that out of my hat but it was very helpful to stay on target for the section where I think I really screwed up.  I worked my way down several rows.  It turns out it is going to mean pulling out several rows, sigh, about 12 rows!


This mosaic crochet pattern is done in rows with the yarn cut at the end of the row.  I have a color scheme that I am following and I want an easier way to organize the yarn.  So I didn't remove the whole row but took it back as far as I needed.   I rolled into a small ball which I then put into a plastic bag.


After a few hours of pulling and rolling I was ready to start again.

Yesterday I did a few rows and I marked the pattern with the remaining missing stitches or extra stitches.  I would have to pull the whole thing apart to get rid of all mistakes , , at least the last ones are consistent.




No comments: