Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Lots of new ideas swirling around in my head! Part One.

Speaking of swirls . . . but I am getting ahead of myself . . .  I have been experimenting with wire again.   Wrapping, bending, jigging, rolling.   I need to try some weaving soon. Maybe today as I have a tutorial pulled up.  Yes, I have been on Pinterest saving lots of ideas along with looking through all those books I bought. Books are a great resource that I always turn to for ideas.



Then I decided to take a class (Caged Beads) in March at my favorite bead shop in Dallas (Beads of Splendor) to get back into the swing of wire workIn anticipation, and in my usual over enthusiastic fashion, I bought several candidates for the class from the shop then went to The Rock Barrel near my house.  

This group includes 3 different versions of amethyst ( geodes and polished stones -  I love amethyst), jade, blue tiger eye, snowflake obsidian, moss quartz, lapis (I went back to get more of this), agate, matte rose quartz.

 I also pulled out some polished fossils I brought back from Morocco (2016) with the idea of making jewelry.


Here are 2 of the candidates that actually made it through the class and were all wrapped up.  These were gifted to relatives but I have more to wrap.  I love amethysts and so do they!



I need to show you another angle on the amethyst bead.   Back to the idea of the swirls . . . because they are on the top.


Learning how to make the swirls gave me an idea for wrapping one of the fossils. Not too bad.  It was snatched up by my brother's GF even while I was explaining its faults.   I dropped it and broke off the tip which isn't obvious as I positioned swirls around the pointy end.  I tried to display more of the fossil part while building a cradle that will hold it.





No comments: