Monday, April 15, 2019

Egypt again in February 2019

I admit I am a bit crazy but I am trying to cram in as much international travel as I can before I can't move on my own initiative.   The trip to Cairo only in February was about seeing dancers in mostly late nigh venues,  visiting with friends and wandering around in old parts of Cairo. . .  some streets around Khan el Khalili like El Mu'ezz (Muazz, etc).  I should wander off by myself more often.   I can't really get too lost.  With sufficient data on the mobile and Google Maps, it is surprising what you can find.  Also, there were shop keepers that recognized my questioning looks and pointed me in the proper direction.  Of course, they would like me to come visit their shops too.   Keeping Naguib Mahfouz Restaurant as a point of meeting along with El Hussein Mosque and Fishawy Cafe helps.

Some street activity around the Grand Hotel  where I was staying for part of my trip.


There has been a lot of new construction on the Metro which you can see in this photo on the right side.   They were going at it until late in the night.   It is noisy in downtown all day and most of the night too.


More to fill in.  I will continue this post later today. Insha'allah!


View from Yasmina's terrace . . . always a good sight for me.  :-)

No comments: