Friday, March 31, 2017

Bead Stash Additions from Cairo Trip Feb 2017 and a previous trip to Hong Kong

I was taken to a really great  bead shop in the Khan el Khallili in Cairo in October 2015.  This area actually has a lot of shops where you can buy beads and other things for making jewelry and costumes.   It also has already made up jewelry you can buy.   I always end up with stretchy bracelets because I am a nut.   This last trip in February 2017, I only bought one stretchy bracelet because I liked the beads and I didn't find any of them on strands.   It is so hard to keep to a budget when looking through the 3 stories of this shop.    Some of the beads you buy them by the strand.  The better stuff they weigh.   I ended up with a whole bunch of strands that cost about as much as a few little turquoise strands that were weighed.  :-)






I only bought strands of fresh water pearls while I was in Hong Kong.   Well, that's what I think they are, lol.   They will look nice paired with other beads.


No comments: