Sunday, September 26, 2021

Korean Style Meatballs


I did make the Korean meatballs . . . or maybe I should say "Korean Style" or "Korean influenced".  I couldn't find Gochujang  on-line for some reason. I looked in a grocery store where I have bought it before . . . nothing!  Not sure why not.  It is usually a tub sitting right in the middle of the international section.  I am not in the mode of running around town to find ingredients these days.  I improvised around it after I picked up the Korean marinade/sauce with sesame seeds.  I had the big bottle of Sriracha and a Korean spice mix.  I didn't add the hot chile sauce and a good thing I didn't.

I based my meatballs on ingredients from 3 different recipes and ingredients I have at home.   I used a 50-50 mix of ground pork and beef to which I added scallions, mushrooms, bread crumbs, an egg, Korean spice mix. Sriracha, soy sauce, Korean sauce with sesame seeds, ginger, garlic.

I used the ice cream scoop to help form the balls.   I baked at 400F on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  So easy to cleanup.

I have made 2 sauces so far which are simple using the sriracha sauce and soy sauce . . . apricot and blackberry preserves for the sweet side.



No comments: