Thursday, September 23, 2021

Sweet Potato Oatmeal Muffins

 For a few months during the pandemic (mostly 2020 part), I felt like I was churning out banana bread, pumpkin/squash bread and sweet potato bread on a regular basis. That tapered off after I started getting into yeast breads and found my favorite Italian bread (pugliese).

Lately, I haven't done so much cooking of solid foods as I have had problems with the #30 molar.  After a couple of rounds of antibiotics to deal with infection and a root canal (revealing the depth of the fracture) , the infected tooth was pulled and some bone grating was done.  At some point, I will get a new tooth implant.  yay, me!  

I have suffered through many days of liquid/mushy/soft food.  Mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes are fine . . . until you want to gag . . even when cheese and spices are added.  Which gets me to this point . . . let's put the rest of those sweet potatoes into a bread or else!!

I found a recipe for sweet potato oatmeal muffins in my recipe stash!  How many recipes have I printed from various websites over the last couple of years??  One for just about everything!!

These are not too bad.  Could use more spice.  It calls for cinnamon and nutmeg.  It could use some ginger too.  Just your basic spicing that could be similar to pumpkin pie spice!!


Now can I mash beets??  I have a bunch I haven't been able to use up.  Seriously, I can just roast those.

Meanwhile, I have Korean meatballs to make!!

No comments: