Saturday, June 23, 2018

Long time since the last post. Crochet, anyone??

I am not surprised.  Life gets strange and then I search for something else to do.   I started to do crochet again last August.  It had been a long time so I went back to basics then did some Tunisian stitch pot holder/dishclothes.  That was fun and they were all given away as gifts at Christmas.




Next I started doing granny squares.  I used the videos from 365 days of granny squares by Nadia Fuad.  I did quite a few before I got annoyed at watching the videos.  I might go back to do more later but who knows??   so many interesting patterns to try.  (September 2017)


I found some books on Amazon and at the used book stores so I have had lots to work on for practice.  Like some of these following squares that are not worked around the square but back and forth in rows.  I have a lot more of these I can try too,   Getting a pattern was rather cool and you really have to concentrate to keep the pattern even. (October 2017)



Then I got into Facebook groups and discovered Helen Shrimpton amongst so many other crochet designers. I hesitated for awhile before tackling the bigger squares.  So I started small.

Then picked one color scheme and went for the bigger square of Spiro Star from Nuts about Squares. (October 2017)


Then another by Helen Shrimpton. 

Then I stumbled upon the Kalevala CAL, so I did a test square of the first one (Ilmatar),  I really needed the video for that one but I think it came out nicely.  I decided to order yarn in shades of gray with a dark blue.   That one is waiting on me now. (October 2017)
Once again, I got distracted while I did a mandala bolster. (November 2017),  Rather lopsided but not bad.

But, wait, there is more!!!   I discovered Polly Plum's designs.   Stay tuned for another blog post.

No comments: