Monday, March 14, 2016

My current life crisis . . . not about making stuff

I've been thinking about a lot of things lately: Retirement, how work defines my identity, re-imagining my life post-HP, keeping busy and productive, working on my health and fitness.

One: Retirement. well, it is a bunch of BS. Retirement is only a word.

Two: I've always been rather proud that I was able to build myself a second career as a computer programmer. I started over in my 30's and for over 30 years I had a very good economic progression. Now where is it???I realized that I am no longer that person who started over. What am I? Can I start over in my 60's???

Three: Yep, it follows the number Two. I need to re-imagine myself and I have stalled out on that. Why? partly (a big part?) because I am a dreamer and I drift. I like to drift in some ways but I need some focus to keep from a downward spiral. Catching myself in mid-fall is a good talent to have, but I am finding it harder to catch. oh, wait, I am doing that now . . . I think??!!!

Four: Busy and Productive. In fits and spurts. Let's see . . . tie dyeing and jewelry making, Travel, dance All expensive pursuits if I am not making money at them. I don't want to NOT do them but . . . . must think on this.

Five: health and fitness. More time to do this, less doing. this is where the drifting part is bad. Pilates has been very good for me but I have to do more.

Regardless, some significant points on my timeline are looming . . FYI, Medicare in May 2016. Decisions, Decisions
PS. I am thinking about going back to school. Funny thing, when I went to look at Richland Colleges info (again), I found they are on Spring Break this week. OK, I can walk over there next week, right?? they are right across the road from where I live. I can even do daylight classes smile emoticon . .


No comments: