Saturday, March 22, 2008

Review of "Journey of Desire" . . . . submitted!

Whew! one task down . . . several more to go. I always think I have plenty of time to get everything done, but something always changes expectations . . . and sometimes things work out just fine.
After struggling to write the review of Yasmina's "Journey of Desire" DVD, my brain suddenly clicked into gear. I had been staring at the 2 little paragraphs (really long sentences) that I had written for 2 weeks. Work sort of got in the way with the extra hours and the trip to Detroit . . . so I missed that projected finish date from 2 weeks ago. But this week, I was feeling much energy after watching the DVD last weekend (while recuperating/catching up from Detroit) . . . so I would even work on it a bit before the 7:30 am meetings, then after work. TG I didn't have to drive out to office in Plano, since that gave me more time to write. Once you hit your stride, it all comes pouring out!!! I wrapped it up and emailed it to Lynette at Gilded Serpent Friday morning! Whew!!!
Now, I have the review of her CD "Ehab Masr" to finish up. Yes, I've been listening to the CD almost non-stop . . . particularly the song "Agibni Kulak" which I am going to dance to at the Fifi Abdo workshop. I love it when some really great music just drops into my lap. When I got the CD, I was wondering if I would like anything . . . but the minute I hit the 3rd track, I jumped up and started dancing!!! I can't tell you how many times I have played that song and it has practically rejuvenated me . . . like during the awful commute home, lol . . . seriously, I'd been feeling stressed and tired . . . "Agibni Kulak" just blaring at me from the speakers had me dancing in my car!. FYI, the song roughly translates to "I like everything about you" . . . it is a Sha'abi song and the singer has a bit of a rough voice and there is lots of accordion!!! My kind of music for sure! Now I have to wax a bit more ecstatic about the rest of the CD . . . none of the songs are stinkers . . . just I like some better than others of course. Oh, there is a very hot "African drum solo" that brought up images of the young Mona el Said doing her famous drum solo in the gold lame bikini looking costume. HOT!!!
Ok, I've got the song in Sonic Foundry for the edit (only can use 5 minutes and it is 5:55), which I also need to do . . . gotten have it with when in Cairo!!!! Countdown is T - 10!!

No comments: