Thursday, February 09, 2017

Kingston Turquoise leather knotted bracelet and my broken stretchy bracelet re-worked as leather knotted!!

Kingston Turquoise leather knotted bracelet and my broken stretchy bracelet re-worked as leather knotted!!  Yes, I am having a lot of leather knotting going on around here.

I had posted a few weeks back (in November I believe) about some Kingston turquoise I bought and the special class that I took to recreate a necklace I saw in Beads of Splendor.  The necklace also used some big hole pearls.   Sunday, I was wearing the necklace and decided I needed to make a matching bracelet.   There were only larger nuggets of the turquoise remaining at the store so, though I bought fewer than the necklace, they were heavier and cost more . .    even with the discount, lol.   I am liking the bracelet I made a lot . . . I have been wearing it constantly.









After I finished the turquoise bracelet, I decided to create the other bracelet with those blue-green beads from the stretchy bracelet.  I paired the beads with small silver rondels and ended up with two wraps.   I found another stretchy bracelet  with matching bigger beads while I was in Hong Kong  December 2016.   I might wear them together.   or maybe just with the turquoise bracelet.
















No comments: