Saturday, December 20, 2008

recovering . .

After all the excitement with testing at work and the weekends of work, Thursday I went in to have surgery on my leg for that obnoxious huge growth which has been getting bigger and bigger over the years. I am now out till the beginning of the year. I was going to take the remaindeof my vacation which combined with holidays I almost had it. But then my manager (my new one since my old one got laid off) decided that it would be better if i took a leave of absence (short term disability, FMLA, whatever you call it) for 2 weeks. Basically, that will cover me for the same period and I won't have to be available for work as supposedly they cut off my access . . . I told them if they need me they can call me but i don't think anyone will really need me, hehe, because most of the problems we were dealing with have been solved and testing phase was ending on Friday. I only missed a couple of days of that and my other co-workers (whom I replaced back in September) were made available to help just in case.

So far, recovery has been rather boring. the first day I slept due to pain killers and recovering from anesthesia. The second day I read a bit more and watched TV while playing some games on the computer. Now I am starting into the 3rd day and I am b-o-r-e-d, lol. mainly because i have to sit still with the leg propped up. So even though usually i don't mind sitting around and reading for hours, when i have to remain still (and chase the cats off my leg) then it is different.

Oh, well, I got this nifty laptop pillow from Brookstone's so I can keep my laptop propped up better . . . hard flat plastic platform for the laptop with a soft angled pillow bottom for sitting on my legs (where is a lap when your legs are propped up???). this is actually much better than the regular pillow I was using since it gives the keyboard a slant. Now maybe I can get to work on all those articles and other tasks I need to finish up while recovering. Hmmm, now if only I had remembered to put the folders of information within easy reach. Oh, well, I have a few days to work out the bugs!

No comments: