Friday, June 20, 2008

Nothing like a 5am meeting to get you started off on the wrong foot . .

and then there was the 5:30am meeting followed by the 6:00am meeting . . . all with the same people on different conference calls . . . supposedly on different topics (status, defects, problems, issues) but always sounds about the same. The process that I am responsible for is in the spotlight because of the problems were are having with the bad files. Fixed the data yesterday and moved in a code change to eject these unexpected records. But why they insist on talking about it over and over and over.

Well, more meetings later and then I get the supreme pleasure of starting up the reprocessing the files for good data and a lot of new files that have piled up. It is going to be a busy evening and weekend . . . hopefully, I can finish off what I need to do within 24 hours so I can get some sleep over the remaining part of the weekend. I feel bludgeoned by these ppl.

On another note . . a better one . . . the NB shoes I ordered on-line have arrived and they fit! the right length (5 1/2) and wideness in the toebox so my toes have plenty of wiggle room. So the next test is to see if they perform properly . . . that only way to do that is to wear them. This is the part that i don't like . . . and where you get stuck with bads shoes . . . you can't tell till you have worn them a few times whether or not they will do the job for you. In my case, they need to support my arches and my knees properly. The NeW Balance (NB) pair that I had before did that well, but I wanted to get the wider shoes . . . and they do have wide sizes but the stores dont carry them except by special order . . . so on-line ordering works ok for me . . . free returns/exchanges makes it easier to decide to do this.

oh, gawd, there goes my phone again . . . back to work . . . and barely 7am!!

No comments: