Saturday, February 16, 2008

Rainy Saturday . . . staying in to post stuff for sale and write a review!

Yep, I am trying to get some extra cash for my trip to Cairo, so I am sorting thru my dance stuff (and piles of it I have in boxes in my costume, etc. room), taking photos to post on the bhuz swap meet pages. I did some of this last weekend and have sold a few items. Never make much from doing this if it is videos and CDs because everyone buys/sells them at lower prices. The costuming items are a bit better, but you never make back what you paid for anything . . . particularly considering packing/shipping of said items. LOL, it cost me $7 to mail 2 beaded hip scarves that I sold for $50. Those things get very heavy. Buying them new, they cost a lot more than I sold them for . . . I didn't even use them. Like many dancers, I buy things (I am like a magpie "see something shiny, grab it") then bring them out to lust over them, hehe. Don't really get around to using them except to drape shoulders, around hips, etc. And for all the things I bought with the bright idea of making a costume . . . well, some things just have to go . . . the idea might still be there, but the realization that I'll never get around to it sets in after a couple of years. And hopefully, someone else will find a more immediate use for them . . . are at least a lust, lolololol!!!

I do have some DVDs I will be trying to sell . . . same thing "buy, buy, buy" then watch once or twice (at the most) . . . so need to sell before the interest wanes. Some things I will never sell, but other things I don't have much use for . . . even if they have good content, they might not hold my interest enough or be below my level (beginner to intermediate level is way below me), but I get sometimes to just see how it is presented.

Meanwhile, everytime I go into the swap meet pages, I have to tell myself "don't look" or I'll get sucked into buying some more "stuff". LOL, good thing I am a plus petite so the $500 plus costumes are of no interest to me. AND NEVER a bra/belt (bedlah) set . . . gave up on those long ago for dresses . . . but some are sooooooooooooo pretty!!!! I almost wish I had students so I could get them to buy, hehe.

Also on tap for this weekend is to write a review on the DVD I have been viewing "Journey of Desire" . . so far I have found many things a like about it and a few things I didn't like. I know I'll be able to write a good overall review since I have enjoyed it and the negatives aren't anything to deter someone else from buying it. Oh, I think there is a trailer on YouTube, let me go look and I'll post it in videos. But here is one of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOFGA1hp14

No comments: