Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Shawls, Shawls, Shawls . . . Lost In Time to start

 I have a lot of pending projects . . . pending, not even WIP . . .  but I do have a lot of WIP that I am rotating around.  I am trying to finish smaller projects in between but I keep finding and downloading patterns for smaller items like shawls, scarves, cowls, and gloves/mittens.   I think I need the feeling of completion from smaller projects.  Now if I could just get all those ends sewn in.

I am sure that many crochet people do this . . . find an inspiring pattern,  find all the yarn listed in the pattern, wait on it to arrive and then set it aside. for another project.   I have a few of those.  Some are blanket size so a lot of yarn sitting around waiting on me.  The shawls are more doable.  I did buy some yarn packs but many times it is the individual skeins.  You can lose track of those skeins easily if you aren't careful to keep them separate.  That almost happened to the yarn I bought for the "Lost in Time Shawl" from Mijo Crochet.   I had to stop myself from picking colors from that project for another project.

Now I have finished the basic shawl (need to make some tassels) so I can release the extra yarn back into the stash.  


I even added in some different colors as I didn't feel too inspired by some colors side-by-side.  That 402 for one which looked more pale blue to me than silver green . . . must be the lights! It is a good thing (?) I had stocked up on various colors of the Scheepjes Catona %100 Cotton.


I really liked the first section with the ginger but then the color selection really expanded.


That dark green, spruce, was my substitute for the silver green.  I started to mix up more when I got into the end of the 2nd repeat and the 3rd repeat.


I even brought back that silver green!  I put all of this in a spreadsheet so I could keep track and switch around when needed.  I didn't have enough of the spruce so I did that color juggling on the last round.


This was a big challenge but really wasn't that hard.  Lots of popcorn stitch but the remaining stitches were sc, dc, fpdc and bpdc.  I have been doing too much mosaic crochet . . . it was nice to do something different.



I was looking at other Lost in Time projects on Ravelry, where I spotted a version done with Caron Cakes Bumbleberry.  As I have some in my stash from 3 years ago . .   at least, lol . . . I might do another Lost in Time,  As soon as I finish another scarf AND shawl that I am part way through.  Or, maybe not, who knows where my crochet path will lead . . .  I have a lot of different patterns I want to try.

No comments: