Saturday, August 21, 2021

The rain rolled in for a few days and the temps dropped . . . so I made bread!

 Also, my knee felt much better after the surgery, which meant I could stand for kneading etc, without swelling and pain.

I made my favorite dough (the Italian pugliese) then I decided to make a variation that I had been eyeing at the end of the recipe. . . it includes the salty, oily dried black olives.  The recipe has instructions to roll up 200 gram balls.  Mine were bigger than that.  Next time I will make smaller than 200 grams so I can have smaller sized sandwich rolls.  Maybe I will add more olives.

I have a lot of the starter left hanging around in the fridge, so maybe i will crank out another batch even though it will be hot hot hot outside.  The rolls don't take as long to bake as the large loaves of bread.

I love when my dough rises this much!!


It made for a nice roll to be used for toast with cream cheese and/or bacon or a sandwich.




No comments: