Saturday, July 10, 2021

Chocolate Truffles

 I forgot to post about making these before my knee surgery on the 17th of June. I spent a sweaty Sunday producing as many as i could from the box of supplies.  Yes, I bought all the supplies from my chocolatier friend, Yelibelly Chocolates ( @yelichocolate on Instagram).  There is a video demonstrating the process which matches the included written instructions.

When it is a very hot day, the chocolate can get too melted fast.   I keep putting it back in the fridge after rolling about 8 if the truffles.  I also kept pulling off the gloves and putting on a new pair because they got so messy.  Maybe I should have put them in the fridge??

Unlike my first attempt at ganache where I melted the chocolate in the microwave then added the cream, this recipe has you heat the cream and syrup THEN pour over the chocolate.  It works quite well either way.


I will spare you the rolling part as I was way too messy to stop for photo taking.  I had various items to use for coating the rolled chocolate ganache . . . cocoa, nuts and sprinkles.  Luckily I had different sprinkles left over from the cocoa bomb class, so I was able to extend my efforts to the end of the ganache.



All nicely boxed up for gifting.   I gave all these to my friend that helped me after my surgery . . . more people in her house to eat them too.  I don't need to eat so many truffles.







No comments: