Saturday, September 11, 2004

So here I am in Dallas for so many years and I'm just now getting around to wanting to document through photos this place for which I have a great fondness. It is a frustrating place at times, too crowded with too much traffic (put that in perspective considering my trips to Cairo!) and impatient people hurrying to places for which there is not much reason to go sometimes. But I still find it fascinating! OK, so I'm not living so much in the fast lane anymore as I think about simplifying and slowing down, but there are still places around town I want others to see through my eyes. So over time, I plan to wander around with my Sony cybershot and post them on this blog. One thing I really want to do is go up in Reunion Tower (that tall thing downtown with the lighted ball on the top . . . you can just see it peeping over the horizon in the above photo) and take some shots of the surrounding skyline and buildings. I did this while in Cairo and think it makes an interesting slideshow . . . oh, now I guess I need to put that into a gallery on my photoblog . . . more work to do! I'm also thinking I should go up in the Sears Tower while in Chicago in a couple of weeks and do the same thing! So many projects . . . so much fun! I hope for the best on all these different endeavors and know it will all be slow to build. Hope you come back to check out the results periodically! Cat . . . .

No comments: