Saturday, April 09, 2005

Monday I head up to Rockville, Maryland, which is right outside of Washington, D.C. I'll be working there at NASD providing production support for PeopleSoft Financials while a team member is out on medical leave. Due to the nature of the work I'm doing, they want me to be on-site 5 days week. This means that I will not be home very much in the next four months as they are only going to authorize funds for fly-backs a couple of times a month. We'll just have to see what happens with that and how much I'll actually be in Dallas.

Meanwhile, I'm packing up various items that I think I will need for a longer extended stay as I will have continuous access to the same room in a suite hotel . . . . yeah!!! a kitchen with refrigerator and microwave, etc. Walking shoes and dance gear will also go with me so I can exercise, plus I'm taking my digital camera . . . yes, time for being a tourist in D.C. while the cherry blossoms are in bloom!

Unfortunately, this will probably make some things a bit more difficult such as the timely submission of papers to immigration to bring gozee to the United States. I just hope it doesn't slow things down too much as I was hoping that he could be here about the time this assignment wraps up. But we have already hit the first snafu as papers I need to send to Immigrations haven't made it here from Egypt and today is Saturday so they are not likely to arrive here before I leave on Monday . . . unless a miracle occurs with a Sunday delivery. I talked to the carrier when she delivered my mail today and she said that might possibly occur. But I figure it won't because I always have such bad luck . . . my expectations about most things seems to be shattered into little pieces.

I talked to Danuta (my friend and catsitter) to ask her to be on the lookout for the package from Egypt. Told her that the letter carrier has been informed that I'm expecting it and what my situation is. She will be able to go to the post office and pick it up . . . I hope they will let her have it!!! So maybe she can send to me in D.C. so it is not delayed too much more, but I fear that she won't be able to get it from them . . . I just hope they don't send it back or it gets lost.

Catherine Barros

No comments: