Saturday, January 16, 2021

Finishing touches done on my "I'd rather be blue" Queen

 I did add a bit more to the length by adding extra rows on the non-fringed ends.  I used a combination of single crochet, HDC, FPDC to give the ends a bit of interest.  I also added some stitches to stabilize the sides with the fringe after adding more fringe to give it a fuller look.   First, I did a slip stitch down the sides on the surface then a row of single crochet to help secure the fringe on the sides.


 After all that extra stitching, I decided to make some tassels using the leftover bits of yarn hoping to use it up!!  I didn't quite finish it but I do have 10 tassels


I thought I was going to add 5 each to the non-fringed ends but somehow I used 9 on one end.   Maybe that is better?   Leaving one non-fringed as un-tasseled too.  That gives me an end to tug on as I pull it up.  IDK,  I haven't totally made up my mind but it is time to work on other projects.



No comments: