Monday, July 15, 2019

Almost 2 years later . . .photos of my May 2019 trip to Wales/UK almost done!

My Wales Castle Tour was a bit abbreviated during my May/June trip, but I had some adventures nevertheless.  I wandered around quite a bit outside the London area visiting old friends and making new ones.   I traveled a bit of a circuitous path from London using car and bus.  First I went by bus to Bristol from the LHR Terminal 2&3 bus station.  My friend in Bristol offered a bit of a road trip adventure into North Wales.  On our way, we picked up another friend in Monmouth, Wales.   With overnights in Chester then Bangor and stops on the way and in between, we got to see some very interesting places (Caernafon, Conwy, Tintern Abbey, etc).   I was dropped off in Shrewsbury, Shropshire for a few days to attend a weekend crochet workshop and check out a few touristy places.   I finished up my trip by taking a bus from Shrewsbury back to LHR via Birmingham.


I have a page where I posted collages that I am created so I can show more photos in less space.  https://cebddd.blogspot.com/p/welsh-castles-and-other-shots-from.html  Wales Photo Page

I have sort of messed about with the photos so I have moved the Bristol photos here and leave the page to Wales and our overnight stops.   Maybe a separate page for Shrewsbury, Shropshire??

But before I started off on my circuitous journey, I had some days of relaxing at a friend's (Francesca)  house outside of London.  I wish I had a pleasant house to live in surrounded by blooming plants and green fields.



And a friendly neighbor cat to come visit . . .



Bristol and Environs
Then I made my way by bus to Bristol to meetup with my friend, Claire.  I had a few days to explore Bristol before the road trip to North Wales. 

Bristol Cathedral



Here's a cheeky bird in the gardens of the Bristol Cathedral.

I love beautiful flowers and plants of all sorts.   A visit to the Bristol Botanic Gardens gave me the opportunity to take some nice photos.








Bristol Street Art

 



Clifton Suspension Bridge and local area



Ashton Court/Long Ashton



on our way to Wales from Bristol





No comments: